Equinox: help an AI activate a damaged ship in this free web game

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/22/equinox-help-an-ai-activate-a-damaged-ship-in-this-free-web-game.html

1 Like

I second Tacoma. It’s made by the studio that did Gone Home, so don’t go in expecting any action. It’s purely narrative.

3 Likes

got stuck at engine restart riddle…

1 Like

Tacoma has a cat, automatically gaining it three and a half points.

3 Likes

“We can save the Normandy Mr. Moreau; but you must help me. Give me the ship.”

I third Tacoma.
I was in fact half way through the article and thought of suggesting it from the description!

I’ve yet to try Gone Home, if the mood/pace is similar I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy it.

EtA: Finished Equinox, nice little demo, quite pleasant for my WFH lunch break! If you enjoyed it (with the obvious time and space limitations), you’ll love Tacoma.
Another atmospheric game I feel like recommending is “The Signifier”: some content warning (most of the game is spent inside the head of a person that took their life), but it’s really “different” in many ways from your regular adventure, in both looks and gameplay mechanics.

Try to be thorough when you play Gone Home. The ending can hit very, very differently depending on things you discover.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, for this kind of games, I usually do.
I mean, one plays them for the story, ambient, and feelings they might elicit, not for the adrenaline and challenging one’s reflexes.

I’ve played several games published by Annapurna (who published Gone Home but not, counter to what I thought, Tacoma) and they’ve all been interesting-to-great, especially if you like stuff that wanders into the more arty end of the gaming spectrum.

A particular recommendation for Outer Wilds, probably one of my favourite games of all time.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.