Even better pen

I’ve never tried the Hero. I use a Duofold and a 51. the Duofold is really an impressive pen to hold but the size of the 51 seems more suited to my hand.

Ended up ordering a Lamy Safari (charcoal black if anyone cares, EF nib, bought 2 converters and Noodler’s Black bulletproof). Give me something to try out without plinking down so much money. Plus, I’m not so sure about these hooded nibs now that I understand how nibs work on fountain pens.

I have two of these. They write beautifully. One from my late gran, with a gold cap and battleship grey barrel, the other with a stainless cap and black barrel. Blue ink and black ink respectively. It’s quite amazing to find out that something that is used everyday is a classic.

1 Like

“Osmiridium” isn’t too shabby either. Mmm, just rolls off the tongue.

I got my 616 for ~$3 (including shipping) on Ebay. If you’re willing to wait around and throw a lot of lowballs, you don’t have to spend $40 in order to get a whole collection of fountain pens. It’s really fun to get into!
(P.S. With cheap pens, don’t cheap out on ink. The best black for most needs is Noodler’s Bulletproof.)

ETA: Ah, see you went with the Safari–a great choice! I’ll leave this in case anyone reading it finds it useful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.