Every question in every Q&A session

[Permalink]

3 Likes

Spot on, a mixture of maddening and hilarious. Reminded me of one I recall hearing in a packed high school auditorium after a teacher’s passionate talk: “Has anyone here seen my jacket?”

1 Like

It’s one of the reasons I knew (despite being a book- and research-oriented type) that academia was not the place for me. I have incredible patience for a lot of things, but for some reason this sort of thing is nails on a chalkboard to me.

1 Like

Mallory Ortberg is a National Treasure.

2 Likes

An apocryphal story wherein the interviewer presents Joseph Heller with the accusation, “You’ve never written anything as good as Catch-22,” to which he replied, “Who has?”

7 Likes

“I know you can’t say anything more about your upcoming work, but would you please tell us more about your upcoming work?”

7 Likes

This runs against all common sense, but in this case do read the comments.

1 Like

After reading that entire list, that #10 is probably the most reasonable, cogent one - though that’s only relatively, and I’m sure it gets old real fast.

I’ve been to a few Joss Whedon Q&As. All of those, over and over and over. Every. Time.

2 Likes

“Now we’ll open the floor to fawning praise and obvious questions.” - The Simpsons 18x06, Moe ‘N’ a Lisa

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.