Expedia cancels family vacation flight, posts "Fuck You" on her account page

Isn’t “fuck” only an expletive when you try to avoid typing it? It is a real word which means something, unlike for instance “f__k”. So “f__k” would be the expletive.

2 Likes

Nope. Even if you type all the letters it’s still a fucking expletive.

6 Likes

That explains why they’re renaming BART as The Banana Express.

11 Likes

But only if you actually explete anything! Anything can be expletive, depending upon how it is smurfed. I mean used.

3 Likes

[Deletive expleted]

7 Likes

LITERALLY 20 minutes ago

6 Likes

No, but it does explain why NJ Transit spent 80 million on new hybrid engines.

3 Likes

I’d much prefer surveys just follow a basic binary format versus the typical Likert scale.

For any “No” answer it could ask for clarifying comments.

I agree mostly with @nimelennar’s scale but it’s all completely subjective as others have pointed out. If you reduce to a simple binary choice then any “No” answers can be considered bad and warrant further review versus the whole sliding scale bullshittery.

Last time I bought a car I ignored survey e-mails until eventually the system eventually relented and basically offered me a two question form: Were you satisfied (Yes/No)? Would you come back again? (Yes/No) and then a space for comments. I was more than happy to fill that one out. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

When I bought a car from VW they did the hard-sell on receiving a perfect score for their performance… They had pulled some moderately shady crap on us, so I told them that I couldn’t give them such a review in good conscious. So they wouldn’t let me fill out the survey and all their friendliness disappeared at that point. It was awkward.

What good are these systems if they are routinely abused? I guess this shouldn’t be surprising with VW eh?

15 Likes

If Spinal Tap figured out a dial that goes up to eleven, perhaps someone can invent a ratings system that goes up to nine so that five can mean “as expected”.

4 Likes

Business today is obsessed with their Net Promoter Score (NPS) now. Another example of trying to boil down complexity into a simple number.

http://www.servicesource.com/blog/net-promoter-scores-good-bad-and-ugly

6 Likes

Thanks for the link! I didn’t read the whole thing, but I did see something like “Net Promoter Score (NPS) measures the loyalty that exists between a provider and a consumer.”

Loyalty? Ptah. I stay with a brand begrudgingly, mostly because they haven’t completely screwed me over. Yet. But it’s interesting to hear all the these stories related to surveys. I rate this comment section 4 1/2 stars.

5 Likes

I get Miller survey emails every few weeks. They got all my demographic info including my decidedly non-macro beer preference when I signed up for their surveys (10+ years ago, but I’m sure their computers can do arithmetic), yet every survey weeds me out after the 3rd question. I qualified twice for surveys in the decade.

But I still click the friggin link each time because $5 is $5.

5 Likes

And y’all thought my username was all nice and polite.

:middle_finger: :laughing:

7 Likes

And that’s how we know how much money “fuck you money” is.

13 Likes

look at those addresses, that is NOT from Adobe. :slight_smile:
i get a bajillion Amazon Points emails every day, none from amazon.

This was indirectly from Adobe, though…

MaPS, a market research firm, is conducting this research on Adobe’s behalf. Your response will remain confidential and will only be seen in combination with others’ responses. We won’t sell or provide any information about you to another company, and we won’t spam you for participating in this survey.

To validate the authenticity of this Adobe survey, visit the following link:
https://www.adobe.com/limited/survey/10506111111311111.html

1 Like

I had my first experiences with Uber recently, in Las Vegas. (We don’t have Uber in Vancouver.). I spoke to a number of drivers who said that anything less than 5/5 stars was seen as effectively a complaint. That’s a stunner because I’ve always considered 5/5 to mean above and beyond expectations. If I would have given people my default 3/5, they probably would have been hauled in for re-education.

4 Likes

That doesn’t sound very steampunk…

…but you do get high points for making anyone spend $80mm.

2 Likes

Exactly. And you should rate so that your ratings are normally distributed around the middle of the scale, just as in school.

1 Like