Facebook apologizes for real name policy

Holy crap… I just went and looker her up, because I didn’t know who she was, and now I know that “trans-exclusionary radical feminism” is a thing (maybe I already knew that and blanked it out because it’s so sad), and that makes me so very sad. This article seems to lay out the meat of her argument about transgender women, and it’s just… sad, to put it mildly…

But I can see someone like her pushing for real names on facebook.

2 Likes

I’m bummed you can’t remember… few things are better than ultra-gothy monikers… sometimes I miss dancing at the goth clubs… those were the days.

2 Likes

TERF’s suck. I remember one of them outing a young transgender person in high school over the last year, and joining with a conservative christian group to prevent them from using the appropriate bathrooms at their school. I think the story is on transadvocate.com, but my memory is beer fuddled right now. TERF’s suck so much, is my point, I guess.

3 Likes

Quite a few articles on the issue. Outing trans fols, especially trans kids, can be lethal.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.