Facebook kremlinology: Instagram founders' exodus signals immanent facebookization

Mostly I think about my days trawling Daryl Cagle’s political cartoons site, which was organized by political event. That’s when you start to see the same motifs repeating over and over again. Is Trump as a smaller matryoshka of a larger Putin doll too on the nose? Well, not to worry, we’ve got 2000 more with the same theme. That said, I’m not sure that I’m complaining, exactly. Consider my navel thoroughly gazed.

3 Likes
  1. make a cool service
  2. sell to FB and profit!
  3. goto 1
1 Like

I think if you made the “good trusts” the dead animal, and the “bad trusts” the animal on the leash, then we are closer to “Late Stage Capitalism”

2 Likes

reference to this?

2 Likes

I decided to follow your lead and immanentize the eschaton.

1 Like

I never denied he is choosing to do so. I was just arguing that, as a new owner, that choice is amongst the decisions he can take. If the founders of Instagram did not want their assets stripped and their site dilapand merged with FB, they should not have accepted the money. If you want to keep control, don’t sell.

Interesting, I was thinking it just might be a corporate force that cannot be controlled. I feel like I know of examples of companies, that, realizing they have become to rigid, buy innovative start ups (or hire innovative people) and then chain them to their desks writing TPS reports. Because, it turns out, the parent company really is too rigid.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.