🍆 The Fallacy Game 🍆

Commit as many argumentative fallacies as you can, including the fallacy fallacy. Bonus fake internet points for pseudo-intellectualism, escalation, and general snobbery.

Since a seed argument is necessary to get this rolling, I’ll start:

Feminism is not a movement for equality because it posits indefinite affirmation of women’s privilege and therefore will eventually lead to cultural misandry and disadvantaging of men’s rights.

5 Likes

Knowing the sort of people you accumulate, I’m assuming every post in here will be fundamentally flawed.

2 Likes

Okay, no more boing boing before coffee in the morning; I totally read the title as:

#Fellatio!

12 Likes

???

6 Likes

Okay, maybe something stronger than coffee is needed:

7 Likes

All right, here goes.

Well, being from Canada, you wouldn’t understand that real feminists would never participate in misandry, and Saint Paul himself in his letter to the Galatians that there should be no distinction between women and men. You’re arguing that it’s impossible for anyone to be a feminist and want equality, but I know several people who are both feminists and want equality.

Feminism has done lots of great things towards equality, but since you’re the one making the argument, it’s not my job to make such a list; rather, you have to prove that it will lead to more inequality. Instead, all you have is a slippery slope argument that negates everything you’re trying to say.

7 Likes

Goalpost moving?

7 Likes

There were goalposts?

This thread just isn’t gonna get away from the phallic references, is it?

4 Likes

I read it as an Italian neologism: fah-LAH-cee-oh!

But yeah, I knew what I was doing.

6 Likes

I figured as much.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Disappointed. I thought “Fallacio” would involve sucking on red and yellow fall foliage. :disappointed:

6 Likes

Let’s see…

8 points?
Well, being from Canada, you wouldn't understand that real feminists would never participate in misandry, and Saint Paul himself in his letter to the Galatians that there should be no distinction between women and men.

Ad Hominem, No True Scotsman, Appeal to Authority.

You're arguing that it's impossible for anyone to be a feminist and want equality, but I know several people who are both feminists and want equality.

Straw Man, Anecdotal.

Feminism has done lots of great things towards equality, but since you're the one making the argument, it's not my job to make such a list; rather, you have to prove that it will lead to more inequality.

Begging the Question(?), Burden of Proof.

Instead, all you have is a slippery slope argument that negates everything you're trying to say.

Fallacy Fallacy.

Edit: dang, the summary/details widget works in the preview, but not in the post.
7 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m comfortable with this…

[quote]Feminists got no business ability. We need heart. We need a lot of things. But you have to have some basic ability. And sadly, Feminists don’t have that. All of the things that Feminists are talking about could have been taken care of during the last 10 years, let’s say, while Feminists had great power. But they weren’t taken care of…

Feminists don’t have the look. They don’t have the stamina. I said they don’t have the stamina. And I don’t believe they do have the stamina. [/quote]

Cheating, I know, but if you want fallacies, why not go straight to the source?

1 Like

I see you’ve played this game before.

5 Likes

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/hourra-pour-les-herissons/84592/3001?u=teknocholer

Moving goalposts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Who, me? Edible pizza does not necessarily equate to good pizza, and I never said it did.

Okay, so what if I did?

2 Likes

Hmmm…

Your argument makes no sense because you’re a moron. Given that women are already happier with their lot than men, giving them “more” equality will only further tip the scales. Contrary to what you say, feminism has clearly not done lots of great things towards equality, because because the number of great things it has done toward equality is zero. QED.

This is exactly the same as institutional racism against whites. As Scott Adams says, “feminism is sexist by design.” We only have two choices: Scott Adams doesn’t understand design, or Scott Adams does. Are you really arguing that the creator of a great comic strip doesn’t understand “design?” That’s just stupid. I can’t believe I even have to argue this on the internet. Your “argument” proves that feminists can’t even use Google.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 142 days. New replies are no longer allowed.