Fascinating look at how America uses its land

Agreed, but I’m just quoting the archaeologists in that bit.

Having risked winding up as ‘unidentified weathered skeletal remains’ at the foot of more than one of those defensive fortifications just to get a peek at them, they definitely weren’t getting built like that because it looks quaint.

Buffalo don’t poop? Must be why they hate Yellowstone tourists…

1 Like

Reconciliation, Restoration, Healing. That’s what we can do, instead of fatalistically moping about the status quo.

1 Like

Bison tend not to hang around water sources. They stay in open areas. Their poop fertilizes the open prairie whereas cattle poop contaminates water sources.

WHERE o WHERE did you find these magic bovids who hold their poop until they’re a safe distance from the water source? Can buffalo be litterbox trained?

Bison and domestic cattle are so similar genetically and in their habits they can and do frequently interbreed. Most bison herds in the U.S. are contaminated with cow genes and special artificial insemination markets exist just to propagate more purity in bison livestock.

Don’t drink water from even the very tippy-top of the mountain. Mountain goats poop in it, and you’ll get E.Coli, Giardia, and all of the other mammalian poopy bugs. Campers aren’t carrying around water filters for chuckles.

2 Likes

What an absolutely horrible infographic. The visuals strongly imply that the data is displayed by location, which it is NOT.
People even commented here that it confused them.
Boing Boing should NOT be sharing such garbage. If you find the data interesting, find a better representation of it to share.

1 Like

I know right? I spent hours trying to figure out why all the railroads and rural highways were in one small portion of Texas. …and don’t even get me started on where corn syrup comes from.

2 Likes

http://www.jasperfforde.com/thursdaynext/mammoth.html

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.