FBI arrest the VW executive who stonewalled on the first Dieselgate reports for defrauding the US Government

If VW’s stock tumbles completely off the rails, and it end up going firesale, we should all crowdfund to buy it, then revive it as a DIY, fix-it-yourself-er like the original bug. With modern safety / efficiency and everything, but just the raspberry pi / arduino of cars…

Have to spec out all new plastic parts with 25% greater cross section as well as move a gauge size larger with all wiring. Then, sure, they might be worthwhile.

1 Like

That’s probably as it should be, since a false positive is much worse than a false negative.

Dafuq? These aren’t capital cases, the accused are, yes, incredibly privileged.

In fact, if the death penalty were abolished, fraud cases worth 10M$ or more should be prosecuted as capital cases without being “unfair” (one wrongful death is typically reified to low 8-figures in damage at most, and if corporations are people, money is life, right?) and the stakes for sentencing in all capital cases could be set at 12 years to life.

Of course, with the diluted culpability of the corporate world, it would be necessary to make the board officers serve the sentences.

5 Likes

No, that’s bc having a certain quantity (usually in mass, sometimes in value) has been defined by the law as automatic “intent to distribute.”

On similar reasoning, we could probably legally define membership of the board of any corporation above a set value as “intent to defraud”.

The consequences are likely to be much more just than the drug war.

6 Likes

nah, Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony) owns 20 % of the company

1 Like

Crap. I keep getting those two mixed up.

In my defence, I am an American living in Bavaria, two of the most arrogant areas when it comes to geography outside of their borders.

3 Likes

the two states are easy to tell apart: the horses look totally different : D

NRW

NDS

5 Likes

Well, it’s a start.

Won’t really be justice till Winterkorn is in jail, but that’ll never happen in Germany.

One looks happy and the other horse looks mean?

1 Like

tired and mad, imo.

2 Likes

I’m seeing nauseated and confused.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.