Financial Times: Animal Crossing's Bank of Nook slashes interest rates

It seems their concern may be the black market that sells bells for real $$$, and they do not want Nintendo associated with such activities. It is – a very Nintendo thing to do. Maybe they decided to do it now because it wasn’t as much of a problem in the past, or they were not as aware of it. People, companies, etc. do get to change the way they do things over time. And I think the majority of people who play Animal Crossing do not do the time traveling thing, so we do not care. It was a calculation that Nintendo made. I don’t have a problem with it. If you do, I dunno – write Tom Nook a letter?

That makes sense, hadn’t considered the black market stuff. In any case, I’m not losing sleep over this. The game is still fun. It’s certainly not worth distracting Tom Nook from his mortgage racket legitimate business.

Considering he charges zero interest and fronts large sums with no down payments, I would take him as a lender any day of the week over the ones I actually have to use! Plus he and the kiddos are just so darn cute – I love their logo.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.