Flickr's top 25 images of 2020: all rights reserved

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/16/flickrs-top-25-images-of-2020-all-rights-reserved.html

2 Likes

Wait, Flickr is still a thing?

1 Like

That was my first thought as well!

Also, for the writer, the “preview in new tab” link doesn’t work - says I cannot view drafts. Might be something in the formatting.

The shot taken outside of Guilin is exactly as I remember it. Wow.

Fuck this pandemic, I want to travel again.

3 Likes

I had read the vast majority of images uploaded to Flickr and other image sites were created with phone cameras. I see all (?) of these images were from DSLRs. My cynical mind wonders if Sony Nikon canon etc were sponsors.

2 Likes

My guess would be that the best photos of the year were taken by professionals who would like to sell their images.

2 Likes

cool i could see it being a fun project to recreate all 25 images in a "seeded " version i definitely want to recreate the little island in the lake with a peanut in the sink.

1 Like

Complaints about people wanting to monetize their work ring hollow now that BoingBoing’s ads have become so intrusive.

2 Likes

There must be at least one pro on Flickr who licenses less restrictively, or one amateur whose less-restrictively-licensed image ranks as pro-level quality.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.