Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

8 Likes

(NY Times reprint)

7 Likes

Los Angeles County blizzard warning: California winter weather updates

9 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes

And here we go again… :new_zealand: is in for another 100-150mm of rain in the north… :persevere:

8 Likes
6 Likes

Just an anecdotal observation about yesterday’s heat wave in Virginia. Hit 80f here yesterday and while odd heat waves in Winter are fairly common in Virginia there is always a chill in the air with those events like the next day will actually be Winter again. Yesterday’s heat wave was something entirely different. There was no chill in the air. No pleasant Spring breeze. No nip in the air to enjoy. It was a hot tropical day more like what is common in late June or July. It did not feel like the next day would be any cooler. It was like Virginia shifted to Florida for a day.

Weird times.

8 Likes

Same, man. Very weird “feel” to the day. And calling for snow tomorrow. WTF…

7 Likes

wierd weather indeed.
earliest spring in history?
already feels like May down here. going to be hot from here on out…

8 Likes

We were in the northeast last week and it was a balmy 50°F. It’s now a chilly 50°F in SoCal. Yesterday, we had hail twice and we’re next to the ocean and today, there’s a significant blizzard in the hills above LA County.

Crazy times.

8 Likes

Stephen Colbert’s take on how this is being covered was…interesting:

7 Likes

My elderberries are leafing out. I told them it was a trap. They aren’t listening.

Its A Trap GIF

11 Likes

Early pollen and now dust from the plains…

The cold front that just moved through Washington earlier Friday had roots in the Southern Plains on Wednesday. The soil has been stripped of moisture in the Southern Plains, thanks to recent drought, so it has become rather dusty.

My car is dirtier than usual today.

9 Likes

joanna lumley rage GIF

12 Likes

Still less frequent than mass shootings. Yay.

13 Likes

Maybe we can stop chemical accidents with thoughts and prayers. Or will the success rate be the same? Lets find out whether God loves guns or chemical manufacturers more!

12 Likes

There should be some sort of handicap for manufacturers of chemical weapons in this contest to keep it fair.

9 Likes
7 Likes