Florida GameStop employee charged with manslaughter after killing man about to shoplift Pokemon cards

Originally published at: Florida GameStop employee charged with manslaughter after killing man about to shoplift Pokemon cards | Boing Boing

1 Like

So we have reached the point where the penalty for stealing some cards is summary execution.

What the ever-loving fuck…

14 Likes

Im surprised the police even showed up. They must have caught Squirtl.

7 Likes

An armed society is a polite society, eh? :scream:

7 Likes

Manslaughter? How is this not murder?

11 Likes

I mean, when the news every single day contains:

– Retail theft is up!
– Nobody wants to work!
– Hustle harder to prove yourself to your employer so you can be the boss!
– Police shooting people for existing in the wrong place
– Crime is up and cities are on fire!

Combined with years of not doing anything about guns or toxic masculinity, late state capitalism, and Florida being Florida (or really America being America and Florida just having more open standards about what gets reported)…

Never mind. Your original post summed up how terrible this is in fewer words.

13 Likes

Plus let’s not forget this fact about Florida too

8 Likes

So here’s my prediction. No matter the specifics, he gets off with the stand your ground law… “I felt threatened”

5 Likes

I use humor in the face of tragedy, so I am resisting making a Pokemon joke about this idiot shooting someone to death for stealing merchandise from his employer. Guns are dumb.

2 Likes

If he got charged, it must have been a white shoplifter.

4 Likes

Or some extension of the Castle Doctrine.

2 Likes

I guess technically it will be if we all manage to shoot each other and the Wumps get to stage their comeback…

2 Likes

Gottta get them all.

Someone is dead dude, that’s not particularly funny.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.