Florida teen pleads not guilty to Twitter hack

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/04/florida-teen-pleads-not-guilty.html

3 Likes

Is it normal to release photos and names of people who only have been charged so far and not convicted in the US?
And calling people who fell for this “unsuspecting Twitter users” instead of “people who fell for this” also seems biased.
On another note: I happened to work as a personal assistant for probably the richest white man of the world and overheard a private conversation where he discussed a billion dollar stock trade opportunity only a selected view billionaires know off. I’m willing to share my secret knowledge with 10 other people so if you want in, send an email to iwilldefinitelynotscamyou@trustin.ru

4 Likes

It is! We’re rather a Barbaric country in some ways…

4 Likes

Recently it was explained to me that this kind of transparency is mandated by law, and that this is essential for a democracy. I happen to live in a democracy that doesn’t do this, and it seems that we are doing just fine.

Is this a subtle message that you hope for an invasion to bring you the benefits of civilisation? :smile:

4 Likes

Yes, but releasing such details for minors, particularly minors accused of non-violent offenses is far more rare and a lot of outlets won’t publish such details on kids. I know that when I was arrested (for a protest related charge that they would not find me guilty for) they not only published my name, but the reporter helpfully included what he thought was my criminal record. It wasn’t.

3 Likes

Maaaaaaaybe? :smiley:

1 Like

I thought Brady Hartsfield was a fictional character?

National Crime Agency says Brit teen accused of Twitter hack has not been arrested

The British teenager accused of being part of the gang that hacked Twitter and posted a cryptocurrency scam from various US celebrities’ accounts has not yet been arrested.

Mason Sheppard, a 19-year-old of Bognor Regis in the English county of West Sussex, has been visited by the National Crime Agency but no arrests have been made on this side of the Atlantic.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.