Forbes' content landfill has its moment

I don’t buy cheeba, I grow it.

1 Like

Several years ago, I started getting cold outreach emails asking me to join the Forbes Executive Council. It was billed as an exclusive group of experts who could contribute content that offered insight in their area of expertise.

In reality, it was a pay to play scam where you spend $1300 bucks to write almost completely unedited content that promotes your company or personal brand. Needless to say, I passed. I still regularly see people who list it on their LinkedIn in profiles or bios. I laugh ever time.

5 Likes

something Harvey Keitel or Christopher Walken might explain to a tearful protagonist as a disarming reflection on human weakness and failure, if Quentin Tarantino made movies about business magazines.

It’s for lines like these that I keep coming back to BoingBoing (even as its ad cancer irrevocably metastasizes)

4 Likes

It’s an automatic mark of shame / disbelief in my (mostly video game related) circles if an article is from a “Forbes Contributor” - it usually if not always means someone’s trying to circulate totally unsubstantiated rumors with a veneer of respectability using the Forbes name as cover.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Jean Harlow Lol GIF by Maudit

3 Likes

Now I’m curious. Could we please have some shameless Soundcloud self-promotion, pls?

2 Likes

Rob’s posts are consistently good and usually pretty funny, too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.