Former Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes' fraud defense alleges she was the victim of abuse and not in control of her own decision-making

It must be in the eyes (of Sauron.) See?

(I jest. That is the a result of the studio lighting when making the photograph, and not an outcome of using Theranos technology.)

It’s just a sad comment on the fact that the majority of US money is being held by fools who cannot lose and the number one industry is trying to con them out of it.

6 Likes

“Ms. Holmes is likely to testify herself to the reasons why she believed, relied on, and deferred to Mr. Balwani,” her lawyers wrote.

That’s what I’d look for when she testifies. Which voice she uses. If she is still using the deep Voice of God register that she concocted to get investors, we’ll know she’s the same ole grifter we’ve known and loved.

2 Likes

Wanna see her use the super cookoo eyes stare on the judge and jury. Going to be funny!

2 Likes

3 Likes

What her relationship with this guy really was, nobody but the two of them really knows, and I don’t know if we’ll ever really know, even after the trial. What we do know is that Holmes went into the relationship with the bulk of the power, her family having incredible connections in Washington and elsewhere (her dad was a former VP of Enron), which is exactly how she got all those high-profile investors and board members, and Sunny had had a minor success with a dot com before the bubble burst. That doesn’t mean that he didn’t have some kind of hold on her, but she knew an awful lot of people who could have taken care of him, I think.

2 Likes

Thank you for so succinctly summarizing my own thoughts on this. I don’t want to excuse abuse, but I also don’t like the idea of using abuse to excuse other bad behavior.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.