Framework's repairable, upgradeable 16-inch laptop taken apart (and reassembled)

Originally published at: Framework's repairable, upgradeable 16-inch laptop taken apart (and reassembled) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Cory sure does seem happy with his and i would love one myself but it also comes at a premium price.

3 Likes

If I was going to buy a laptop for personal use it’d be one of these at this point. The repairability is a huge plus to me.

2 Likes

Wish I hadn’t just bought a fancy Dell on the corporate dime…

There’s an Australian named Hugh Jeffries who mainly repairs smart phones on his YouTube channel. He also advocates for right to repair. He got a Framework laptop to play with about a month ago and does a teardown here. I really like the idea of interchangeable ports.

Linus Tech Tips (who’ve publicly discussed investing in Framework) covered this pretty thoroughly 3 months ago, ignore the clickbait title if you can: I Made a Bad Decision – Framework Investment Update - YouTube

and got into even more detail here: Checking on my Investment in Person - Framework Laptop Factory Tour - YouTube

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.