Freaky frog has mushroom growing from its side

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/13/mushroom-growing-from-frog.html

4 Likes

The Last Of Us Clicker GIF by HBO

9 Likes

Oh man, imagine how f-ed up you could get if both the mushroom and the frog turned out to be psychedelic.

9 Likes

oh man, look how that fruiting body is facing forward, or in the driver’s seat (if you will). here’s doubting the frog is still in complete control of the operation; and/or let’see the extent of the internal mycelium [horrorshow face]

3 Likes

Is this how it starts? The end of the human dominated world? First the frog, then on and on til it comes for us? You heard it here first, kids!

1 Like

I mean, in my younger days I have grown a decent batch of fungus on my feet. Like that one time on a float trip I made the mistake of sleeping with wet socks on. So dumb…

2 Likes

Careful, that’s how you get brain spores.

6 Likes

Six weeks later…

5 Likes

neat GIF

3 Likes

Freaky fungus has frog growing from its bottom.

3 Likes

https://www.oglaf.com/cooties/

2 Likes

Mycelium is all through the rotting plant matter in frog’s stomach that it ate by mistake.

2 Likes

There’s some good evidence that stuff like this is one of the big reasons birds and mammals are warm-blooded. We run so hot that most fungi can’t handle it!

4 Likes

Interesting article, but I have deliberately spent time resetting my password to ask - why is a post about a frog tagged as “reptiles”?

Does boing boing not have an “amphibians” tag?

6 Likes

This Frog + fungus combination is unusual, but is much more benign than the combination we’re much more worried about:

2 Likes

And not at all wound about the frog’s nervous system? Well that’s a relief (particularly for the frog) Let’s hope your optimism is reflected in the data [wink]

1 Like

It’s our fault for making frogs gay /s

1 Like

I think that wins the local internet for today. Well played!

Its not a toadstool but rather a frog mushroom!

Frungi?

2 Likes

Just for once I’m sticking to the boring Occam’s Razor explanation. Mushroom is in the right place to have busted through from Froggo’s stomach.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.