"Free market" conservatives, aghast at Big Tech's hostility, become overnight Roosevelt-style trustbusters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/06/deathbed-conversion.html

7 Likes

Repeat after me: “The enemy of my enemy is a useful asset.

11 Likes

Maybe he actually didn’t want to win?

That or he’s trying to pin all this collusion on Google instead of Russia.

6 Likes

He meant that he won even when the liberal fake media and tech firms interfered with the elections. Their interference was not enough to keep him out! /s

6 Likes

Bingo. The same reason the NRA is deeply troubled by violent video games.

5 Likes

Ha! Ha!

Sorry. That just slipped out.

Ha!

14 Likes

That reallly pissed me off… they spend decades screaming about regulation and how it’s the worst thing since Satan himself, and then all of a sudden, they think that conservative voices are being “silenced” (which, LOL, no!) and they decide that regulation is good.

What a bunch of assholes.

21 Likes

Yeah but which of my enemies is the enemy of my enemy and therefore my friend? What’s my rooting interest?

2 Likes

Big Tech vs. Big Hate? For me, at least, it’s like one of those situations like a wasp settling down on a stinging nettle. Someone is getting stung and you don’t care. :slight_smile:

(With apologies to the late, great Terry Pratchett)

9 Likes

the enemy of my enemy is my enemy’s enemy. no more. no less.

maxim 29

5 Likes

I think perhaps Maxim 49 is more applicable here:

Every client is one missed payment away from becoming a target and every target is one bribe away from becoming a client.

1 Like

Whatever gets them there.

1 Like

saying that he believed tech firms “already” had interfered with the 2016 and 2018 elections.

It means a he did a Google search incorrectly - once - and concluded Google was against him. Seriously.

1 Like

Speaking as a Libertarian, my reaction to these conservatives is to say:

You cannot use the Ring. None of can. Regulation answers to the crony capitalists alone. It has no other master.

For one thing, the most plausible way to break up these firms is to stop vertical integration … which might make them more vulnerable to censorship.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.