Free speech more popular than ever; only racists are less tolerated

Who has said “burn her” in this thread before you did?

Don’t you think that violence can be justified for self-defense?

8 Likes

It’s a rare stance. Minorities are just supposed to sit there and take it when White People advocate for their death or enslavement, after all.

25 Likes

I used to think so - but then Thor manifested before me - right in the movie theater.

5 Likes

Thanks!

(Post must be nine characters.)

2 Likes

“Racists are stupid enough to believe that this situation is somehow a violation of their First Amendment rights.”

We cannot overcome racism until we expose the untruth of the racists’ claims. Racism is always untrue. If someone were to make a true statement, then by definition, it could not be racism. Therefore sunlight is the best disinfectant so we can separate truth from untruth and defeat racism. Our fight against racism is really just one part of our fight for truth. Truth will set us free. It’s analogous to slander. A statement cannot be slander if it is true, threfore, we can always combat slander with truth. Truth is universal and can unite mankind. Logic and reason are universal and can unite mankind. Let it be so. Let there be love universal.

4 Likes

White supremacy has already been exposed as an untruth. There’s no need anymore to provide platforms for its advocates.

White supremacy has already been exposed to sunlight. There’s no need anymore to provide platforms for its advocates.

17 Likes

Milo’s not a Nazi - he’s just Nazi curious?

Hmm - that works for pedo too. Classy guy- no extreme vetting of his green card application.

12 Likes

Hey, how can we really know if man-boy sex is a bad thing unless we have extensive public debate about it?

/s, obvs

15 Likes

But see, non-white people exposing racism as an untruth doesn’t actually count… /s

But seriously, as if there isn’t a massive library of works discussing race and racism through out history and right now. It’s too bad that far too many (usually white people) aren’t willing to dip their toe into the literature and believe it.

11 Likes

But… but… didn’t Milo marry a black dude? How can he be racist? /s

9 Likes

He’s the STrom Thurmond of gay marriage!

He alleges to have done so. But I want to see the long form marriage certificate.

11 Likes

I don’t know, I mean they’re reacting to speech. Also, I can say to someone that they can’t talk like that in my house, and that would not be contradicting the ideals of free speech. Nobody is preventing Milo (for instance) from speaking, just not in their house. But the (freely spoken) whining from the right, for people not being in love with their hateful speech… well, they’re free to whine. It’s a free country.

1 Like

But “militarists” are accepted? Isn’t bombing brown people for oil racist?

1 Like

The world is a platform. When we refuse to engage in the debate, we leave the racists unchallenged. Meanwhile, the cancer spreads without a counter-argument other than “shut up” or “punch a nazi.” The truth is on our side! Why would we want to disarm ourselves by saying “the debate is over” sorry, we won’t discuss? What idiocy can they possibly utter that we cannot handle–that we cannot refute? “Shut up! stop talking!” is what people say when they are losing an argument. It’s what they say when they think the facts are not on their side. The facts ARE on our side. We are right. We need to act like it. When we don’t participate, the debate still occurs, just without us–without the truth being represented.

2 Likes

That sounds nice in the abstract. But what if you’re a university administrator, and others on campus request funds to bring an advocate for white supremacy, and another for pederasty, and another for assassination of the president? You’re saying all of those merit funding?

I’m saying they don’t. Such dangerous views don’t deserve the legitimizing dignity of a platform.

14 Likes

Fortunately, the First Amendment says otherwise.

Oh, does it say that a university administrator must fund any and all speaker requests? I had no idea!

13 Likes

I know you don’t like the fact Nazis and white supremacists have the right to espouse unpopular opinions but the First Amendment doesn’t just protect the speech of which you approve.

No shit, Sherlock. Care to step out of the abstract and join me in the real world?

12 Likes

The only argument you’re having in favor of them is “it’s not literally illegal to express.”

16 Likes