Freeze Peach šŸ‘ (USA)

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I mean, why do we need to do thatā€¦ after all, havenā€™t we settled all issues of free speech now? I mean havenā€™t we all decided that all nazis get to say whatever terrible things they want and itā€™s protected, but people who suffered historic and current oppression have to speak as kindly and softly as possible? /s

7 Likes

This thread:

But especially:

7 Likes

https://www.lfg.co/tda/strip/249/

3 Likes

Another misreading of the whole 1st amendment issue. I suspect a group chanting ā€œPrincipal Asshat sucksā€ would not enjoy such protection!

5 Likes
12 Likes

Hmmm, wonder what the difference in these cases could be? It is such a mystery! Unless, could it, maybe, possibly be, I donā€™t know, racism?

10 Likes

Nahā€¦ canā€™t be racism. Racism is OVER, everyone knows that. We had a black president after all! /s

7 Likes

Again, THIS is what a REAL threat to free speech looks like:

10 Likes

The scary part is these kinds of resolutions, while purportedly about supporting Israel, are more likely to lead to an increase in anti-Semitism.

5 Likes

What does the bill say? Are they going to team with up Air Miles to examine your purchase history to figure out if you bought something from Israel and if not you get a visit from the FBI? Obviously if you donā€™t have an Air Miles card they will assume it is to evade prosecution.

I did read the act, but it doesnā€™t really have a plain meaning. Without knowing the case law around the amended act it is very hard for me to tell whether this law is just a showpiece that has essentially no legal effect or whether it makes it a felony to go to Canada; but itā€™s somewhere in that range.

This might also be some idiotā€™s stupid idea rather than a real thing thatā€™s really going to happen.

When people decide to boycott Israel, Iā€™ll admit it gets my antenna up. Iā€™ve had conversations with people that slide seamlessly from human rights violations against Palestinians to dehumanizing Jewish people in general. If this was part of an extremely hard line against anti-semitism and Nazis Iā€™d be more curious about the details. But to go after Israel boycotts while the chief executive is still on about neo-naziā€™s being ā€œfine peopleā€ just reminds you that American policy is always about money, never about people.

4 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

But members of the alt-right getting banned from platforms is the REAL attack on free speechā€¦ /s

6 Likes

7 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

TERF writer loses lawsuit against Twitter, will remain banned

Writer claims she ā€˜wonā€™t be silencedā€™

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/terf-writer-loses-lawsuit-against-twitter-will-remain-banned/#gs.j92kh3

6 Likes

grumpy-cat-good

7 Likes