Fridge sends annoyed email to owner

My family rented a house for a reunion earlier this year. On the first day, we were putting groceries away. Suddenly, we heard a loud beeping - the sound was similar to a CO monitor or smoke detector. I was about to herd everyone outside, when my aunt realized it was the fridge, complaining that the door had been open too long. :disappointed_relieved:

8 Likes

Depends upon your need to access the contents on a regular basis.

And how much energy you lose taking everything out to get something on the bottom.

Or if you have a bad back, short arms or use a wheelchair.

10 Likes

Maggie, Cory, and Xeni were a mighty trio.

4 Likes

Let\s see how that plays with the judge shall we?

Mandatory Technology Connections:

3 Likes

Imagine what a smart toilet would tell you.

1 Like

Or worse yet: you and not-your-spouse.

“Nobody needs to flush 14 times, Mr President”

6 Likes

I suspect you are correct, and I suspect this is the only reason fridges work at all. Otherwise my milk is spending half its day above 50°F :sweat_smile:

But yes, I’m sure thermal mass is key. Once things get cold, they tend to stay that way.

3 Likes

In my house it would go on the list of smart appliances that are disappointed with me.

9 Likes

yes, just a single huge networked fridge mind

2 Likes

It’s a cold-hearted bastard, that’s for sure.

6 Likes

So… like the borg but with fridges instead of people…?

5 Likes

Refrigeration is futile.

9 Likes

“I strive to be the person my dumb blender thinks I am, instead of the person my smart toilet knows I am.”

8 Likes

well, yes, AND your smart food packaging. All will be assimilated and will now service the collective fridge.

2 Likes

Does it help you make Kimchi?(I had to replace a fridge recently, and LG seemed keen to push me towards this sort of extravagance).

1 Like

Would the cubes be Harvest Gold, or something more up to date?

2 Likes

Even worse: wait until your spouse catches you and your fridge having relations.

3 Likes

I know some fridges have clear doors that allow you to see the contents without opening the doors, but I’m waiting for the day when they sell a fridge where the entire door shows a 3D display of the interior that can be virtually rotated by swiping left or right so you can see what’s in the back.

4 Likes