Frighteningly lifelike clay sculptures

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/02/frighteningly-lifelike-clay-sc.html

6 Likes

Poor thing. Her only crime is age.

5 Likes

Looks like she’s served her time for that offence.

4 Likes

That’s quite fun, reminds me of my time in college taking art classes. One was a polymer clay sculpting class and we’d practice anatomy by sculpting body parts like eyes, nose, lips and ears. I still have a sculpt i did of my ear and nose.

The truly lovely thing about this artist isn’t so much the sculpt (though it is good), its the really nice paints/finish that really sells it.

6 Likes

I wanna put that face in a pizza box.

3 Likes

You’re not a narco-terrorist in your spare time, are you?

3 Likes

Guilty as charged.

2 Likes

I bet you’re frighteningly lifelike too, right? :scream:

6 Likes

All great, but that finger thing freaks me out!
I didn’t realise I had a phobia about it until my makeup artist tutor did a tutorial on severed fingers on my hand, just my index finger. It was all fine and I was happily watching the whole process until at one point she put some dried blood-stuff on it and my brain flipped, thought it was real, I went white and very nearly passed out. :scream:

2 Likes

I’m concerned with where those fingers have been!

1 Like

I find it’s best not to ask.
Also: counting down until some mentions The Big Lebowski…

2 Likes

“Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o’clock this afternoon… with nail polish.”

4 Likes

Worth the wait :grin:

4 Likes

Hold the grand-chovies.

I think that the moíst-looking clear finish (resin?) in some select areas really sells the lifelike appearance in a few of those, along with the layered paint glazes.

You could use resin but you’d have to mix a part thing and that’s extra work. You can easily use nail polish when working with polyclay :slight_smile: Now if you’re covering larger areas then you might want resin.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.