Fun game lets you explore tiny emoji dungeons

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/16/fun-game-lets-you-explore-tiny.html

1 Like

Looks similar to Nethack and clones.

I got my brother into NetHack - Stone Soup - a tile based recreation. I could get fairly deep, but that crazy SOB actually beat it like 3 times.

I did show him a “cheat” where you could kill the game in windows if you got into deep trouble. Doesn’t save you every time though.

1 Like

Wait, a unicorn attacked me? I thought… I thought… thought they were my FRIENDS…

3 Likes

What did you think the horn was for?

(source)

5 Likes

Harkens back to Rogue, I’d say.

Yes yes, Rogue was the first, and thus why everything afterwards is a Rouge-like.

Indeed, I would half expect a similar tileset to already be available for one flavor of Nethack or another.

I never got around to trying Nethack; the closest I got was the Macintosh game Taskmaker and its sequel, Tomb of the Taskmaker – which hardly count, considering they have static maps. Considering my backlog is stuffed with things I actually paid for like Rogue Legacy, Dungeons of Dredmor, and Desktop Dungeons, that’s probably the closest I will ever get.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.