Gawker.com sold to Singapore media company that owns NME

Originally published at: Gawker.com sold to Singapore media company that owns NME | Boing Boing

1 Like

@beschizza… the image for this story…

Seth Meyers Yes GIF by PeacockTV

7 Likes

Pulling up gawker.com a month ago got a very old dead page, then three weeks ago it was 401, and today it’s:

via a single line to some CSS and an image. wonder how much they pay their web master (anyone care to send an email to “hello@gawker.com”? naahhh)

oh, and for any other clueless folks, NME stands for New Musical Express, founded in 1952 (so how ‘new’ is that?)

2 Likes

I want more of this!

2 Likes

It would be fitting justice if, in the end, the domain served up a single page with a message to this effect:

Peter Thiel is a gay man. Despite what he thinks, everyone knows and has for decades, no-one cares, and it’s no cause for shame (and certainly not for spending millions of dollars to shut down a site that says so).

What is cause for shame is being a thin-skinned billionaire who promotes fascism. Peter Thiel is that too.

Thank you for visiting Gawker.com

4 Likes

That was hours of work back in the day. AI could toss it off in seconds now

edit: haha maybe not. Though I suuposed I should be using SD, not MJ

4 Likes

So Gawker joins ThisOldHouse, Forbes and CNET as hollow media brands rented to the highest bidding scammers to hawk their shit.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.