General Moderation Topic

Getting all mongooey in here.

17 Likes

That’s a name that might stick!

14 Likes

Like the Monongahela in a monsoon.

13 Likes

User bcsizemo has been given a timeout for spreading Covid-19 FUD.

I’ve said this before, but the BBS is not the place to sow doubt about COVID-19 mitigation measures when so many aren’t taking basic steps to begin with because they believe it a hoax. If that clear, bright line isn’t acceptable to you. Post elsewhere, please.

32 Likes

How you manage to deliver this calmly is beyond my understanding.

I probably would promise bodily harm IRL by now.

Chapeau.

16 Likes

User dontpanicbobby has been given a brief timeout for using racist stereotypical names for COVID-19 because they “like it”.

The pandemic isn’t a game, it isn’t funny, and enough people aren’t taking it seriously already. Casual racism is still racism, even if you find it funny, too.

30 Likes

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

21 Likes

User evilkolbot given 24 hrs for a miserable attempt at sarcasm while reporting a typo.

6 Likes

Dear BoingBoing BBS Overlords. I’m still trying to understand the flow here but am enjoying the culture. I was wondering if someone could help me grasp why the post below was flagged as off topic, hidden, then restored, then moved to another thread. Any constructive feedback is welcome.

4 Likes

That is a community-started topic, and your post was moved by the community, presumably because the original topic was likely intended to be US-centric.

I tend to give more leniency to things like topicality and whatnot to topic creators for community posts, because they do not appear on the main page of Boing Boing proper.

15 Likes

Gotcha, did not see anything in the title or first post that indicated US centric and assumed it was outrage at mass murder everywhere. I appreciate the clarification.

7 Likes

User DeclanMcManus has been asked not to return.

18 Likes

As always, thank you for your effort. I’m impressed that you take your time explaining yourself and to the BBS community guidelines, over and over again. And in thankful, because I know how easy it is for me to be very sure I am right in something. I usually read your mod posts and think about what I would feel if I were in the recieving end.

22 Likes

User Bernel has been removed for the remainder of 2020 for throwing insults at users in public and private messages. This is your reminder that PMs here follow the same guidelines as the remainder of the site. If your goal is to be an asshole to anyone else, do it elsewhere, please.

25 Likes

As always, thanks for your hard work and transparency!

25 Likes

User Vaughn_Stegeman has been asked not to return after declaring that bigotry and hatred are really all just people being too sensitive.

If that’s your opinion, then it, and you, do not belong here.

32 Likes

User LDoBe has been given a timeout for (again) lobbing insults at other users, literally two posts after I requested that folks not do so. Our 19-day run of no suspension actions is sadly at an end.

If you can’t give your opinion without attacking others in the process, don’t post it here. Not only that, but being able to make your point without making it personal will go a long way towards more people paying attention to what you are trying to say in the first place, rather than scrolling past yet another online pissing match. Especially by adding “shit” to another user’s name. We aren’t on a school playground. :roll_eyes:

Enough of this.

14 Likes

User Fabio has been asked not to return after a pattern of Immigrant FUD that has only been escalating. The most recent posts about how immigration must cease until there is a way to “filter out ISIS plants” from the immigration flow is the same inane rhetoric that’s used about every migrant population everywhere, and we don’t need that fear-mongering here.

30 Likes

driven to madness

19 Likes

Thx! I hope he comes to truly understand why he has been filtered out here. :expressionless:

6 Likes