General Moderation Topic

This makes sense. No doubt with the built in telemetry, Discourse has stats on how often hidden posts are interacted with by the community anyway , and how often the hidden posters are removed in the end, thus showing that it’s probably better to just hide the post and stop giving oxygen to the fire.

5 Likes

Oh gosh, I didn’t know that was possible. The change makes sense then.

6 Likes

Are there some automoderation rules I’m not familiar with? One of my posts required approval and that’s a first.

8 Likes

You probably used a naughty word like ■■■■■ or ■■■■■.

12 Likes

The only word that I can think of that might get filtered was in the link. To the Guardian :laughing:

10 Likes

Moist.

16 Likes

Oh!
I thought they’d accidentally said Trump!

MoistTrump

(I just made myself shudder, sorry.)

12 Likes

ok. now i do want that barf emoji reaction.
:face_vomiting:

16 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

21 Likes

Dude, don’t click on the blurry bits!

11 Likes

Can’t help it. Too curious for my own good

Cat Kitten GIF

17 Likes

caitlin-doughty-■■■■■

18 Likes

19 Likes

Now @Melizmatic, don’t be a trоll.

4d1lhw

17 Likes

giphy

6 Likes

A few weeks ago, I was trying to post a link to an article about the spat between two highly professional congress people on the House floor, but because the slug of the article contained a particular word, I wasn’t allowed to even post it, let alone wait for moderation.

7 Likes

The automoderation filter doesn’t care whether the offending word is in a link, a quote, or if you type it out in your post. Even quoting a post that was held and approved would result in the subsequent post being held.

15 Likes

As granny used to say, Reisende soll man nicht aufhalten.

12 Likes

I think “dewy” is the classy “wet.”

I’m not really sure how to categorize that other word…

18 Likes

Baveuse.

13 Likes