General Moderation Topic

Alison Brie What GIF

What da…?

16 Likes

Colin Farrell Reaction GIF

13 Likes

Drink Pour It Up GIF by VH1

16 Likes

Can someone please point me to the explainer that tells me what Anonymizing is?

6 Likes

anonymization - The act of removing a user’s identity from the BBS without deleting their posts. More info: General Moderation Topic - #1805 by orenwolf

19 Likes

20 minutes between their last post and the news about anonymization. I don’t know what to make of that. Other than :frowning:.

13 Likes

Huh. I know they’d had some questions about their new role, but this seems kind of sudden. And a bummer. For us. Hopefully the right thing for them.

21 Likes

That was… unexpected

12 Likes

tophat-cry tophat-cry tophat-cry tophat-cry

6 Likes

New role? Is there something happening on the BBS I am missing due to my IRL obligations?

5 Likes

ETA: is this okay to link to this? I don’t want to undo anonymity

9 Likes

You’re not removing anonymity, that post just shows that someone who was a Leader is now anonymized.

9 Likes

Hover_Board has been given a timeout for what is an unfortunately familiar affliction - failing to read the article and being corrected for it leading to 75% of the replies on a topic being about them and their behaviour, rather than about the original article itself.

There’s a lot to be said for the power of self-reflection, realizing you’ve made an error, and stepping away. We’ve given this user some time to do just that.

23 Likes

Hm, who nuked the topic where everyone and their dog were somewhat missing the point of the headline in regard to the (rather improbable unpossible) next prez? I thought it would possibly not deteriorate further, and people would possibly even stop arguing and agree that most the discussion was a communication problem?

4 Likes

It wasn’t and then it got deleted.

5 Likes

13 posts were split to a new topic: Communication Breakdowns

User pmyteh anonymized at user request.

4 Likes

User Olympe_de_Gouges has been banned for repeated abuse of the flagging system by trying to carpet-bomb entire topics or certain users with flags.

16 Likes

User Les_Pane Anonymized at user’s request.

6 Likes

They say, “If you love someone, let them go,” but damn that hurts…

22 Likes