General Moderation Topic

30 Likes

User RioRico has been asked not to return.

This forum is heavily moderated, but all we truly ask is that members be respectful of each other, and of the moral rights of everyone, when posting. This user instead took every flag and moderator action as a personal attack, and even posted their belief to that effect with each action taken.

Finally, when given yet another opportunity to change their behaviour, the user chose to outright ignore the moderator warnings and discussion. It’s therefore obvious that this user wasn’t interested in being a part of the community, but instead, to engage in combat with it.

I will defend your right to an unpopular opinion. provided that opinion 1) respects other posters and 2) complies with our guidelines. This is not the same thing as providing cover to berate and belittle the community at large under the auspices of “following the rules”.

28 Likes

am i bad in that i think it’s almost worth it when people act up just to see @orenwolf’s write ups? (which, for some reason, i read in the voice of captain sisko from ds9)

10 Likes

I, for one, don’t think you’re bad. I’m beginning to feel the same thing.

3 Likes

User Petzl has been given a brief timeout for engaging in racism-denying whataboutism.

Pro tip: not the place to assert white privilege doesn’t exist.

22 Likes

Confirmed!

1 Like

Confirmed!

1 Like

Confirmed

1 Like

dear ken,
i want to thank you, rob, falcor, jason, mark, and of course jeff for letting us use this time and place to tell a story of the space between 2016 to 2019.

you may now suspend these following stunt accounts until 3019, which we believe is the longest that discourse currently supports, but that could be off by one or two.

most sincerely, and most respectfully, and most of all, thanks for all the fish!

@Dungeon_Master
@The_Chrimonologist
@SeaLion (it’s ok to boo sea lion. he was born a villain.)
@FerrisWheeler

Programs: Confirm Termination

2 Likes

I want you to go to your room and think about what you’ve done here.

26 Likes

User redfury has been asked not to return.

When flagged for posting a rude and victim-blaming slight against those with food allergies, they chose to rant to the moderation team about how “extremists” have taken over in the comments.

If making light of life-threatening conditions, and then expressing disappointment in the community for caring about such folks is an example of a more “moderate” viewpoint, then yes. we’re not interested.

32 Likes

And nothing of value was lost.

14 Likes

11 Likes

Sorry, off topic, but . . . that guy’s a genuine hero!

15 Likes

I needed an excuse to use this gif. It’s my new fave!!!

8 Likes

tinoesroho has been given a timeout for attacking other users, again, after being caustioned against that behaviour for over a year. Seriously, don’t do that. If you disagree with someone debate the position, do not attack the person.

If you find yourself the target of such behaviour, flag the post, do not respond. We work hard to respond swiftly against any posts or posters that target members here.

8 Likes

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
George Orwell

3 Likes

8 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Watched words

Look, I’m talking about a particular user who I liked, and who has been banned for a reason that seems ridiculous to me, and all I can do to show why I think this is ridiculous is pointing at his most liked posts, and you can look into his posts and if you then still think he’s a bot or something, then we can continue this line of discussion, but there’s really no point because you won’t.