Gentleman running homeless assistance program sympathetic to folks with well fed children

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/19/gentleman-running-homeless-ass.html

2 Likes

The well-heeled citizens of the People’s Republic of Santa Monica never fail to show the true extent of their commitment to social justice.

15 Likes

Wait… I am confused about the use of the title Gentleman in the headline here…

ETA: Sorry gracchus, this was not supposed to be a reply to you, too many reply buttons :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I appreciate his sympathy toward all parties, including those who had previously been using the space for recreation.

It sounds to me like he understands that regarding those people as enemies would just be an impediment to getting things done and reaching his goal of feeding people.

14 Likes

Obviously the point of charity isn’t to help anyone. It’s to look good while showing you care. That’s what Jesus did. /s

Me too. I’m too used to the other meaning around here. Darned conditioning.

14 Likes

They’re already enemies and an impediment to getting things done and reaching his goal of feeding people.

2 Likes

I really hope he can continue to feed people.

5 Likes

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a connection between this article and your later one about ecofacism and “excess population”.

3 Likes

City officials + influential constituents = Sorry… ya gotta move!

A fundamental equation in political science.

1 Like

BB usually couples “Gentleman” with “Florida”. That coupling (at least for me) serves as a kind of mnemonic re usage of “Gentleman” here. :slight_smile:

This is a thing that is upsetting someone, especially when is Pope Francis is saying that a good Christian has to help people to spread the gospel, and catholic organization are feeding illegal immigrants especially the non Catholic. Or catholic organization helping drug addicts to get a second chance…

Strangely they seems to like the position on abortion only.

2 Likes

His is a worthwhile strategy for keeping his message positive and on point. The guy feeding people has no incentive to waste time and energy by getting drawn into conflict over territory.

“It’s not you against me. It’s us against the problem”. That sort of thing.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.