George Carlin explains why Boomers are terrible

I like the guy but Carlin never actually made me laugh much. It’s my theory that he got laughs from most people by saying things that broke taboos, and the shock of this made them laugh, while I would just nod my head and say “why, yes, that sounds quite reasonable.”

3 Likes

ah yes. the nervous laughter. the same thing happened the other day when a drunk hobo was on the same bus as five teenagers who did nothing but nervously giggle and quote the person cause it was waaaaay easier than face the fact the person had their disability check stolen (its what she ranted about loudly).

ya me and the spouse usually listen to Carlin and say a “yup” every now and then but thats it. hes not wrong. but only occasionally chuckle worthy.

1 Like

Carlin is my only true hero. I started listening to his tapes when I was just a kid on family road trips. I was laughing about stuff I didn’t even understand. It was really awesome to have his perspectives growing up.

You hear a lot of people bitching about how the world is too politically correct these days and it always makes me chuckle that they’re doing a Carlin bit that’s almost forty years old. I just think, “get some new material.”

3 Likes

YES. YES, ABSOLUTELY YES.

(About every six months, I post “First Past The Post delenda est.”)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.