Georgia cops under fire after posting pic of them shooting target depicting black man

I think it speaks to the conservative mindset, which is essentialist. People are one thing and you’ll always be that thing. Criminals are Bad People, so you punish them. Christians are Good People, so nothing they do can be bad. They know a “racist” is a Bad Person so they want to make it clear they are a Good Person.

The idea that we’re all the same “kind” of person, simply making choices based on our opportunities and circumstances never occurs to them.

6 Likes

I didn’t realize you can just declare you won’t accept criticism as a way to exonerate yourself. That’s awesome. Is it something I can use too, or is yet another thing that only works for cops?

6 Likes

My mother always rejected any suggestions that she is racist. She understands that this is a bad thing to be, she doesn’t consider herself a bad person, therefore she’s not a racist. (Let’s play spot the false syllogism!) After rejecting the label ‘racist,’ of course, she goes on to spout racist statements while explaining how it’s not racists because that’s “just how it is.”

This is one more reason I blocked all communication with her.

5 Likes

True of that whole part of the state, sadly… I too grew up not too far from VR…

Me neither. Still enraging, though.

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

yes… a black man could be holding a wallet, a cigarette, a violin, literally nothing in his hand, and be a grave threat to the police! /s

Stop making excuses for this shit. They can do better and are making a choice not to do so. It’s just reinforcing racism and it needs to go.

At this point, I’m done with that kid-glove handling for shit like this. People are getting killed because of this racist bollocks.

If they think that being called racist is somehow worse than being shot for no fucking reason, then they need to get their head out of their asses and learn to be better people.

5 Likes

The doubt is there for a reason

Skipping it could cost someone else their life :skull:

6 Likes

Sure there are, but there are for everyone else too. Cabbies actually face a higher on the job homicide rate than cops. https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/cwc/work-related-homicides-the-facts.pdf Somehow cabbies don’t manage to account for 5% of homicides. One in 20 US homicides are committed by police – and the numbers aren’t falling | US policing | The Guardian

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.