.gif BANK for the BBS

What is the ref rushing in for?

Iā€™m guessing end of the round.

ETA:
The kick looks like it might also have been right on the buzzer, which is maybe why the ref threw himself in there like that.

In one of the angles you can see the Thai fighterā€™s cornerman, rubbing his hands and looking to his corner just before he notices the kick. To my mind, he heard the bell, turned to his corner and then noticed that his fighter was throwing the kick, so Iā€™m guessing the ā€˜bellā€™ is actually a buzzer that lasts almost a second and does afford this kind of ā€˜last shotā€™ strike, but itā€™s frowned upon, even though not technically illegal. Which is probably why the ref gesticulates the way he does.

/bullshit analysis

*sigh

I promise not to make a habit of this butā€¦

well!

#JudoHeadflip

5 Likes

Iā€™ve seen bumps like that go horribly wrong. Dude in the white was very lucky there. :open_mouth:

But, if weā€™re doing this sort of thingā€¦

6 Likes

Dude in white was an extremely highly trained, sneaky SOB who had practised that many times.

Everything about that technique screams balance.

3 Likes

@m_m and @miasm

tagging its whats for breakfast grafitti traincar GENTLE REMINDER IN ALL CAPS

3 Likes

It sort of does: the original ancestor of all, at least as far ā€œbackā€ as scientists have been able to prove so far.

5 Likes

Bonk!!!

3 Likes

Where kittens come from

#KittenMitosis

18 Likes

#KittenMeowtosis

FTFY

11 Likes

*facepalm

*bows

*is green with envy

6 Likes

right at the top of reddit but it might be the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Fat Cat

14 Likes

HERE are the Legally Blonde GIFS we all need

6 Likes

My niece is profoundly autistic. My sister-in-law has a big following for her blog on autism and is active in support communities. She says the word in her circles is that he is autistic and this is suggested as a reason they do not want to upend him from the structure of his school. It could explain, too, why he would not feel comfortable touching here.

4 Likes

If that true, that actually makes me angry as a parent. Why the hell couldnā€™t he say that, then? Is he ashamed of his sonā€™s diagnosis?

4 Likes

Itā€™s a theory but I donā€™t know whether they have much evidence.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s also the suggestion that his autism was alluded to on Twitter:

4 Likes

Wall of water with MST3K commentariat.

7 Likes

Hereā€™s one that I made that is often irrelevantā€¦

7 Likes

Itā€™s important that I leave this here.

Kermit Types Furiously

10 Likes