Google continues to funnel vast sums to notorious climate deniers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/12/who-killed-the-world-2.html

Like ALEC, SPN provides “model legislation” at the state (and province) level for tame politicians to submit.

Say “Hey google”

6 Likes

Google defends itself by saying that it only supports the CEI and SPN work that enriches Google’s shareholders, and not the policies that doom us all to a horrible death when the only known planet capable of sustaining human life is rendered uninhabitable.

Here’s a term about money that Google should familiarise itself with (rest assured that these scumbag conservative “think tanks” are very familiar with it):

8 Likes

Came to say this. You beat me to it.

4 Likes

“Google continues to funnel vast sums to notorious Republicans”.

2 Likes

It’s better than bing…

4 Likes

They are all notorious. But I know what you mean…

May disagree on some issues

Just not these ones

lax tax enforcement, lax labor laws, lax privacy laws

So that’s alright then.

I’m surprised Google hasn’t in-housed this sort of thing. They could then fine tune their lobbying efforts.

“Google, we’re getting worse, but we still have to hire real dirt bags.”

1 Like

I’m listening to Shoshana Zuboff’s The Age of Surveillance Capitalism and her discussion of the development of Google makes this news completely unsurprising. Also, she is an astounding writer

This power to shape behaviour for others’ profit or power is entirely self-authorising. It has no foundation in democratic or moral legitimacy, as it usurps decision rights and erodes the processes of individual autonomy that are essential to the function of a democratic society. The message here is simple: Once I was mine. Now I am theirs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.