Google ordered to block images of Max Mosley "Nazi Orgy"

Little known fact: Jesus wanted to be tied to a cross and nailed but it got a little lost in translation.

1 Like

FWIW the story here is not that he did whatever it’s that he is trying to get rid of information over which he has no rights or control, and that the stupid French courts have yet again made an idiotic ruling that is entirely ignorant of how the series of tubes operates.

It’s not my cup of tea personally (the nazi aspect) but there’s nothing illegal there, even if it was a Nazi themed orgy as a british court ruled it was not.

Google fr is failing: https://www.google.fr/search?q=max+mosley&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=_Dl8UvSCLM2higei_YEg&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1413&bih=862#q=max+mosley+nazi&tbm=isch

Aaaaand… what about Bing France?? When are they gonna order Bing to block the same images?
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=max+mosely+nazi&go=&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=max+mosely+nazi&sc=2-11&sp=-1&sk=

Maybe they can backtrace them??

2 Likes

Max Mosley is the head of the FIA, not Formula 1. (It means he’s actually a BIGGER deal in Motorsport than just the head of F1 which is just one portion of the FIA)

1 Like

Thank you. I was an English graduate and a majority of my third and fourth year classes were in Film and Media Studies. This conversation was quite refreshing, and felt like going back to class again.

edit: I assure you, if I didn’t bring it up in class, somebody else would have.

1 Like

I think that is the crux of the problem here: by attempting to use a court to force a search engine to stop showing his pictures, Mr. Mosley begs the question of whether he is trying to pretend the party never happened (which his legal actions suggest). His lawyer seems to suggest it’s only the nine images in question, but this is a case that has dragged on for two years now with only one euro in damages to show for it with a threat of future damages if the images are not filtered in the future.

I personally see this as a Pyrrhic victory, as it really won’t stop people from finding those images, and now forces Google to implement filters that are about as effective as a water pistol is in putting out a burning barn.

1 Like

You have an excellent point as well. Another log for the fire, I guess.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.