Google Walkout meets #MeToo in a new anti-arbitration campaign

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/14/endforcedarbitration.html

2 Likes

From InsideSources (sorry, won’t OneBox)…
Despite California’s New Ban, Mandatory Arbitration Reform Is Still Uncertain

2 Likes

Unfortunately, given the choice of whether to violate women’s human rights or corporations’ right to arbitration, we know which one far too many American’s would pick.

1 Like

If you don’t like how they treat you, just don’t have a job!

4 Likes

See those signs saying, “Time’s up tech”? I think time’s not up. I think impunity will be with us a long, long time.

It’s not 100% clear, but it seems this campaign is only about forced arbitration in employment contracts, not contracts in general, right? I keep a watch for and routinely see forced arbitration (usually accompanied by no-class-action clauses) in all kinds of contracts, though mainly in EULAs and TOUs (terms of use). Those suck too, so here’s hoping those go away as well.

2 Likes

Don’t be afraid to negotiate, folks, especially if it’s a non-employment related agreement. A contract is signed by at least 2 parties for a reason! When the day comes that they are totally unilateral and truly “forced”, then we’ll have some serious problems, bigly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.