Got to admire this author's hustle: selling and signing his own books outside of Powell's

Originally published at: Got to admire this author's hustle: selling and signing his own books outside of Powell's | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Hah! I’ve gotten his book before in the same way!

There’s also a guy who often rides the MAX lines and hangs out at Portland Saturday Market that has basically a traveling collection of poetry books. No lie, he just sets this cart down, unfolds it, and it’s basically a book store.

6 Likes

I would so buy that book. That is awesome.

6 Likes

Amazing!

Thanks for that

Is it any good?

And now he’s gotten a nice big boost thanks to being featured in a Boinboing article. The hustle is working!

1 Like

It is an intermittent/random bug that has been going on way back to Xeni’s time - she was the one who first/most suffered from it - then it went away, and more recently it came back again. It used to be more common with guest bloggers but now it also infects BB Editors’ posts. Clever people at Discourse and BB cannot figure it out. Though, really, by now you’d have thought they might. But being random/intermittent makes it hard to replicate.

I used to think it was related to the individual blogger’s workflow - when posting one way it was fine, but when they used a different software tool/device/whatever it wasn’t. But, again, you have to assume the clever people have looked into this.

This link is your friend in these cases. Search for a keyword (or scroll) and find the relevant comments thread.

https://bbs.boingboing.net/new

1 Like

but what if soon there’s whole lines of panhandlers up and down Burnside all trying to sell their own books?

… of course actually that would be awesome

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.