Groove to Chaka Khan's new single "Like Sugar"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/04/groove-to-chaka-khans-new-si.html

7 Likes

transcendent

7 Likes

Awesome dancing, fashion, editing, and a joy to watch!

ETA: @ 2:59, is this a cameo? I feel like I know this person’s name, but can’t put my finger on it.

6 Likes

Dang Girl, you still got it!

7 Likes

I’m dancing right now!

9 Likes

Catchy.

3 Likes

Chaka Khan?

kdzw08x

12 Likes

Want some Chaka Khan tickets, cheap?
Johnny T. can hook you up.

6 Likes

The Queen of Funk: Now this is how it’s done, kids. Do try to keep up.

9 Likes

My god, that was great. That’s basically what it’s like going to visit my fiancée’s family on Long Island.

Also, this makes me miss Soul Train so bad. Everyone’s got their own style of dance and dress and is so sexy just being in their groove. Love it.

8 Likes

Awesome song, but if you’re going to post the video please give props to the director too?

It’s Kim Gehrig. Here are the credits for the video:

That aside, i’m really loving this and can’t wait to hear more

8 Likes

That was cool; thanks for sharing. A really toe-tapping tune with some nice, rich, natural vocals. The dance moves and the editing were spot on. I really liked the super saturated colour too.

2 Likes

I can’t dance for crap but that really makes me feel like putting on a pair of roller skates and pretending I can anyway.

9 Likes

Honestly? I think the world would be a happier place if we all pretended we could dance more!

9 Likes

You know what? I’m about to put this on loop.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t have known Chaka had anything to do with it if it was not in the title. Seems to be more about the DJ / Producer and the video, sign of the times I guess.

1 Like

Here’s an infinite loop

4 Likes

more posts like this please

4 Likes

Plaid and funk mix.

More please!

2 Likes

You slap on the skates, I’ll pretend you can dance.

3 Likes