Guns have finally beat out cars as the leading killer of American kids

Sport Soccer GIF by Real Madrid

12 Likes

If that’s what it takes to get guns licensed - sign me up!

13 Likes

Alternate Republican headline: “Relaxing car safety regulations saves car manufacturers money and makes guns relatively safer than driving!”

4 Likes

It’s a measure of how degraded the argument over gun control in America has become on the part of one side that the obvious fact that firearms are purpose-designed to throw slugs at (usually living) targets while vehicles are not is still met with fierce opposition.

19 Likes

That’s how they’re sold - self protection. But then people switch to all these disingenuous obfuscations when you want to increase the safety of a weapon. People who don’t want reasonable gun legislation are just ensuring that the people they’re hoping to protect themselves from are better armed. And that if they or their family are harmed by that person- they have no insurance to help pay those hospital bills.

I’m pretty comfortable with some of my friends who have carry permits being safe and responsible gun owners. But they’re both mature people, women, veterans and don’t advertise that they’re gun owners to everyone.

14 Likes

Yet more dudes trying to slip their guns past airport security.

8 Likes

aha! proof your arguments are wrong!

gunz safe. carz bad. i win!

( wait. isn’t that how this works!? /s )

10 Likes

Plus that is a snail not a slug. These differences matter. :grinning:

8 Likes

nooooooo! foiled again. if it wasn’t for you kids and your pesky facts… :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Yeah, people actively are trying to forget that guns are tools for a specific purpose, and that purpose is allowing you to kill things – people or animals – quicker, safer, easier and from a longer distance. Everything else, like shooting sports or just plinking for fun, is secondary after-the-fact uses for killing tools.

Now, tools for killing things better are sometimes necessary, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be treated with appropriate care and responsibility.

9 Likes

Glad the prosthletizers are here to make sure the focus stays on anything but the severity of this tremendously preventable cause of death for our kids.

16 Likes

10 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

giphy

11 Likes

Nothing exciting, don’t worry.

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.