"Half of jury" wanted to convict Zimmerman, were talked out of it by others

Her mistake was that she didn’t kill him. Had she killed him and claimed self-defense, she’d be free. At least, that’s what the Zimmerman verdict suggests.

1 Like

He initiated the confrontation by stalking him and getting out and confronting him. Self defense might fly if Martin had chased him down and dragged him out of his truck. I live in an inner city environment and if some creep is stalking me and then comes at me with a gun then I’m probably going to take the advantage and strike first too, because I’m frightened for my life. There’s absolutely no reason for Martin to not think that this creep was about to rob him, beat him or kill him. He’s not police or any kind of authority. There’s no reason to not think you’re about to get robbed, beaten or killed my some crazy asshole.

Her mistake was that she was Black in Florida. Had she been a white woman there is no way she would be facing 20 years.

Or rather, she didn’t kill him while being white:

1 Like

The prosecution did not lodge a credible case against Zimmerman. Few want to admit that Zimmerman’s “self-defense” claim would garner ridicule instead of respect from most grown men. It has been reported that Zimmerman studied martial arts for over a year and participated in classes three days a week. And you enlightened ones among us seriously want me to believe that Zimmerman, a once security guard a a night club, could not overpower a young man that weighed 50 lbs less than he did? This discussion, and those that want to dilute the fact that a young man was killed, because another man was losing a fight is justified, is pure madness! There was no justification for Zimmerman to shoot and kill Trayvon or any other able-bodied man that could quick his ass!

Why did this become national news? Even before this incident there was concern expressed on media outlets over the “stand your ground” law. Mr. Martin and Mr. Zimmerman were not the important participants. This was at best a regional news story. DC lawyer types with media friends have sensationalized this story to convince the public that this law needs to be changed. Sadly, their efforts have probably set back improving race relations.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.