Harpist with a distortion pedal

Ooo, good point!

1 Like

The lever harp had a '70s sci-fi film vibe to it.

1 Like

I want to start a metal band now just to hire her & put her on stage with that gear.

nathan explosion GIF

3 Likes

“I understood that reference.”

my mom was friends with a Vollenweider super-fan who had the money to front to bring him to our local venue. he was an ordinary businessman not a promoter, but he took on that role just so he could bring him to town. so we went, I’ve seen him live, I was probably nine. never seen him referenced since then. I remember he said he liked coming to North America because he likes watching the squirrels.

3 Likes

I was hoping she’d play something a little notier, like some fast arpeggios…

1 Like

That 11 tag cracked me up, Rob.

Very impressive, but (as noted in the article) seems pretty limited given the extreme resonance of a harp.

2 Likes

Woah, her covers of music from Metroid and Castlevania SotN are really amazing.

1 Like

The small harp gave me Agalloch vibes. Very cool sound. I’ve never heard of the Electrofoods brand of pedals. Must be a local boutique brand.

1 Like

Emily’s been demoing crazy pedals on her harp for awhile now, it’s a fun channel.

5 Likes

I’m guessing mic’d. Most distortion pedal reviews do contain mic model, effects loop/or not, speaker cabinet, head unit, etc. I’d like to know more details.

4 Likes

There are harp pickups but you can also use a mic, just with a 1/4" adapter.

4 Likes

My little brother and I would go on make-believe fantasy quests, using sawhorses for horses and whatever we could find for swords/wands. Our mother’s cassette tape of “Dancing With The Lion” made a good soundtrack.

2 Likes

I love this video so much!

It’s a Camac Blue (I think hers is the “Little Big Blue”). It’s got a pizeo pickup on each string that mix into three split outputs (high, middle, and low) and a microphone on the soundboard.

9 Likes

IMO (and I’m just a happy customer of theirs) they’re the best distortion-focused pedal company operating. Extremely flexible with a huge control range, but perfectly voiced; classic circuits (Rat [the one in the video], Russian, Percolator, JFET overdrive, Ge and Si boosts) with completely original modifications; reasonable prices and community contributions (some national, some around their home base of Philly) for pretty much every sale; also extremely nice people.

Check out the alternate art Pigpiles (which show the pig that the police pig is jumping at)–possibly my favorite-looking pedal ever.

4 Likes

Wow, $18,500 for that blue beast!!

Pretty sure that was Thing

4 Likes

I got a big “Only Lovers Left Alive” vibe from a lot of that sound.

1 Like

Who knows when there will ever be an article about harpists on BB again, so on-topic or not, I an going to post this.

She turns the talent up to eleven about two minutes in -

6 Likes

Or the Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme by Nerf Herder (after the organ bit and guitar slide, I mean).

1 Like

IMG_20210819_221931

Agreed! This works as advertised, now into the gear pile with all it’s many many friends! It can be a vice.

5 Likes