@hecep's Modusoperandi thread

Requested ban?

3 Likes

No. I did not request a ban, for I did not intend to be banished. My goal is to see @othermichael and the fallen restored. This, this I did not ask for.

7 Likes

Would a mod please explain why the text explaining @tinoesrohoā€™s ban states he requested a ban?

Who is lying here?

@orenwolf @jlw

ETA: for clarification:

6 Likes

I canā€™t contact @orenwolf directly, but I do not believe that @orenwolf is responsible for my ban, given the contents of a DM sent not too long ago.

After I received that message, I ceased and desisted from posting snark related to the unwarranted bans of members in the 11 April Incident. This didnā€™t mean that the messages were not flagged - many continued to be after I replied and promised to desist.

2 Likes

Requested a ban = ā€œS/He was asking for itā€¦ā€?

8 Likes

Ach! Pardon my assumption.

But that language is so unclear as to be deliberately muddy, if that is the intended meaning.

5 Likes

I canā€™t find any request anywhere. And I did, in fact, talk to @tinoesroho, calmly, about his protest messages earlier today. But Iā€™m not sure if there were conversations Iā€™m not aware of (in which case the ban may be reinstated), but I didnā€™t see them.

Based on my conversations, I was satisfied with my DMā€™s with @tinoesroho and saw no issue for further action. Iā€™ve reinstated him.

25 Likes

Wow. OK.

Curiouser and curiouser.

8 Likes

Thank you. Iā€™m glad to be back.

16 Likes

11 Likes

Hereā€™s to you, who took it with far more grace than I.

6 Likes

That is disingenuous. Will all future bans be made up to look self-inflicted?

Is this the new ā€œI thought he had a gun?ā€

The memory hole already swallows so much, now we canā€™t even trust what remains.

18 Likes

Just another problem to throw onto the heap of burning trash we canā€™t put out without the help of the owners and mods.

11 Likes

ModusOperandi was one of my favorite posters, and I would consider it an honor to be ridiculed thereby. So I understand where OtherMichael was coming from.

I fully support the right of site owners to do stupid things that harm their own site. Darwinā€™s a bitch.

Thatā€™s all I got.

27 Likes

Dang shame when a site built on being weird and wonderful purges the wonderful and weird.

31 Likes

That Trump-lovinā€™ trolley finally got his just desserts!

TBD-2020

11 Likes

I thought this needed more visibility and is a beautiful sentiment from orenwolf:

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/ghost-my-so-called-afterlife-in-the-lounge-of-friendly-ghosts-ghost/91826/7717?u=miasm&source_topic_id=98850
1 Like

For those not having Regular status, this is the relevant quote:

11 Likes

Iā€™m darting between too many places. Thanks. Iā€™ma take a wee tea break.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I would know how to do that, and I didnā€™t insinuate we are freeloaders, I insinuated we are not shareholders. As I said: actively seeking to escalate through reflexive disagreement and invaldation, repetition of inflexible and innacurate assertions, or unkind statements of intentā€¦ that isnā€™t conversation

Apparently you have the right to dictate my insinuations because your feels. Have a good year, hope youā€™re chilled out when you get back, the whole thing is fucking stupid.

2 Likes