@hecep's Modusoperandi thread

You may need to go take a breather yourself; that was kinda uncalled for.

Most of us are well aware that we don’t pay any bills here; but neither should that make it ‘okay’ to treat the community at large like a red-headed step child.

19 Likes

#> the whole thing is fucking stupid.

that’s my last word on the bans, in bold.

4 Likes

If only you knew, Acer. If only you knew. (Hint: my avatar is based on who they were)

Even I was a casualty of this. Yes, I behaved stupidly. But no, I do not think it warranted a ban. @othermichael certainly did not deserve TEN years. @japhroaig got one year. @jsroberts got six months. Patient zero @modusoperandi got two weeks. @nimelennar got 24 hours.

But sure, blame the people who got ridiculously long bans.

(I had ten years, for the record - until it was lifted)

EDIT:
js took a voluntary ban before the St Elsewhere’s Day Massacre (h/t Daneel)

9 Likes
2 Likes

O_O

I don’t think “sympathy” is what anyone here wants; some sense of fair play and a cooler head on the part of those who have ‘power’ over the members here would be enough.

If the day ever comes that you end up being ‘collateral damage’ from another “scorching of the earth,” I’d stand with you in solidarity… just as I have with Liz, MO, OM, and anyone else who’s been unfairly deemed “disposable.”

13 Likes

Dude; chill.

18 Likes

You know what, if you want to be mad at someone, be mad at me. I was the one who used a burner to come back after a banning. I was also the most obnoxious, spamming many threads with snark related to the unfair bannings.

Getting mad at a pillar of the community, who has contributed time and money for many years, getting mad at them for doing what a pillar of the community does (post good content) well, that’s unreasonable.

You are aware of why so many of us have ghostly avatars, are you not?

5 Likes

You’re re-aiming my words, you’re going to misunderstand me if you change the subject of my words.

Ok, ok.

This is a heated topic. I get it. But personal attacks are not ok. I really don’t want to have to mod this topic, please don’t force my hand.

19 Likes

You know what… I think it best if we all take a break and reconsider if it is worth venting our anger at each other in public.

5 Likes

Not unless you ask for a ban and then come back to admire/pick at/pour salt on the wounds you’ve left will I will be quite mad at you. I can tell I’ve made my point. If people would stop replying to me I’d be quite glad to move along and not focus on something that upsets me personally.

Speaking of, I still owe you a drink for that time you helped me out; just so you know I haven’t forgotten.

YOU are the master of your fate, YOU are the captain of your soul; no one else can make you focus on anything.

That is all.

15 Likes

Not for nothing, JS wasn’t banned involuntarily so you can take him off this list.

9 Likes

And he left before the St Elsewhere’s Day Massacre™ even happened.

*Credit to Daneel.

15 Likes

That’s true: if principals in this kerfuffle initially observed their discomfort and agitation rather than compulsively allow themselves to enslaved by cognitive and emotional distortion, so much ado would not exist here.

10 Likes

Don’t think I’ve tried to pawn responsibility for my choices (my focus) off on others in many many many years.

But thanks for the reminder, writ large it’s fantastic for everyone within earshot to listen to, myself included.

1 Like

Wise words indeed. Wish I could add more likes.

7 Likes

Invictus is an incredibly powerful poem; one that helped me keep it together while I was pledging and through other rough spots:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoning of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

~ William Ernest Henley

18 Likes

You could have done worse; you could have left out a can of snakes, disguised as mixed nuts, for your housesitter to find. Getting banned by your housesitter for a practical joke can wreak havoc with your vacation plans.

19 Likes

The Tide Rises, the Tide Falls

The tide rises, the tide falls,
The twilight darkens, the curlew calls;
Along the sea-sands damp and brown
The traveller hastens toward the town,
And the tide rises, the tide falls.

Darkness settles on roofs and walls,
But the sea, the sea in the darkness calls;
The little waves, with their soft, white hands,
Efface the footprints in the sands,
And the tide rises, the tide falls.