Help Wanted: participants for a NASA social isolation experiment inside a Russian lab

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/19/help-wanted-participants-for.html

1 Like

Can we send Trump there and leave him there after the election?

Then he would actually be something useful to science

8 Likes

I honestly think i could do this, too bad i don’t meet all of the pre-requisites.

6 Likes

I sort of feel like I’m born for this kind of thing. Unfortunately they probably don’t need a doughy shrink who can’t speak Russian. Instead I’ll paraphrase Bender and make my own isolation experiment, with blackjack and…well probably just blackjack.

7 Likes

That’s not social ‘isolation’ or ‘distancing’ that’s being stuck in a tube with roommates and sharing a bathroom.
Which is the exact opposite of social isolation.

6 Likes

Analog Missions? As opposed to Digital?

Wait, isn’t this the prequel to some copypasta that ends with you not wanting to come out, eating your own face, and then delivering an implausibly long soliloquy about being the stuff of people’s nightmares?

2 Likes

That’s exactly what “social distancing” boils down to for everyone living with family right now.

4 Likes

You’re thinking of Celebrity Big Brother.

5 Likes

At times solitary confinement sounds easier… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I wonder if candidates will have to go through the same **psychological evaluations that ISS astronaut candidates go through before being approved for ISS missions.

**The same evaluations that a number of US astronauts have admitted lying through in order get a mission.

2 Likes

“Help Wanted: participants for a NASA social isolation experiment inside a Russian lab” sounds just like the plot of a bad Netflix movie.

7 Likes

After this long in lockdown I’d watch it :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Rats. If it weren’t for the Russian requirement I might seriously consider this.

2 Likes

4 Likes

This sounds like a nice break from my exciting career in cloud computing that the BB Store keeps insisting is a great thing.

5 Likes

Can’t wait til NASA doubles down on the analog mission and turns it into a reality show for Netflix meets Solaris deep dive into contestants’ psyches.

1 Like

Same. I got to the requirements and was like “oh, they want to study the effects on people who are good astronaut candidates”. I guess I’ll have to wait until they eventually they’ll need to run similar experiments on regular people.

We already have this it’s called our shitty criminal justice system

Looks Celebrity Big Brother meets Space:1999 meets capricorn one.

I for one welcome the new reality show. Hope the participants will get a Space:1999 style commlock