Here are the moats and walls Facebook has been building for years to defend against #DeleteFacebook

Oh, you sweet summer child.

This is a free website; you have no “rights” here. No one does.

We are merely guests using a service in exchange for attempting to direct our attention to certain products and services, and pretty much everything is at our hosts’ discretion.

And it does state that pretty clearly in the terms… which many people don’t bother to read prior to becoming a member.

Pray tell; you’ve been a member here for many years, and only now you seem so dissatisfied?

How odd.

4 Likes

Just walk away.

There has been too much click bait headlines. Too many banana posts. Just look at them. But I have an honorable solution. Just walk away. Give them your likes, the emojis, the animated gifs, and your avatar image, and you will get back your life. Just walk away and you’ll get a safe passageway to Twitter, or Fark, or Fark’s Twitter. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

1 Like

I don’t want (or care!) about an explanation. If you’d like to delete your account just PM me or any mod and we’ll make it happen. I understand you’re disappointed that you can’t do this yourself. I recommend you direct your ire towards meta.discourse.org and submit a feature request rather than derailing the conversation here, however.

Speaking of which, this isn’t the topic of this conversation. If you’d like us to anonymize your account, please send us a PM, post on the General Moderation topic as @gracchus suggested, or heck, start a new topic if you’d prefer. This isn’t the place for it.

5 Likes

Not that satisfying…I deleted my account (after they flagged me for using a psudonym) 2 years ago and I still get “hey come back” messages

Ah, right. One more step: Filter all emails from @facebook.com so that they are deleted before hitting your inbox.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.