Hergé's heirs lose legal battle with Tintin parody artist

I’m still mad that Rick Astley never got a chance to play the live-action Tintin. Look at this absolute chad and tell me that he wasn’t born for this.

1 Like

So you can see the merit in the art. Do you find merit in Moebius’ art? The stories in his work may not be such a hindrance to your enjoyment, as they were written not for children, but grown up adults such as yourself.

I <3 Moebius. I was a big Heavy Metal Magazine fan back in the 80s.

The 3D animation style seemed a touch off ligne claire.

Certain 3D films, including Tintin and Solo are highly suggestive of theme park rides.

My intramural softball uniform:

Now for the price question: Who was the artist whose work Moebius was famously infatuated with, not least because he pioneered the „Ligne Claire“ style that Moebius and so many other artists would adopt or base their own style on?

It’s Hergé

1 Like

yes yes… Moebius loved Herge, I know. I know what ligne claire is. Because clearly personal preference follows strict logical rules, I therefore MUST love Tintin.

I am a broken robot. How clever of you to have sussed that out.

– Home is where you wear your hat.

1 Like

I don’t have an issue with you not loving Tintin, although I would be interested in the cognitive trick that allows you to love Moebius’ art but not care for Hergé’s. I do have an issue with dismissing someone as influential as Hergé as having strictly nostalgic value.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.