Hey fellow older mutants! What was the first video game in your home?

Lies, lies, all lies!

There’s nothing like the tactile response you got from the rubber keys or the way they’d randomly stick in the down position (or up sometimes, they were very flexible that way).

Well, alright maybe it’s a bit true…

Technically this is a board game, not a video game…but the uniqueness of The Dark Tower and the time it came out…it really felt a bit like an early video game to me (now that I think back).

Man I loved this game and the video game elements it had to it set it apart from everything else on the market.

EDIT: There is a kickstarter to bring it back too!

1 Like

I had an atari 400. No recollection of which game we got first - I know we had asteroids, miner 2049er, and Jungle Hunt

1 Like

Pong. It was a home-brew made by the engineers where mother did technical drawing, back when drafting was still done by hand. (I’m pretty sure it was before commercial home consoles were available.)

@Melz2
1975, bless your cotton socks. I was in high school then :wink:

3 Likes

*Lolz

I’m in that weird place in life where I’m too old to be “young,” and too young to be “old.”

5 Likes

Fist bump! (me too)

3 Likes

(…I was hand drafting until 1999…)

3 Likes

Oh man, I loved that game! One of my friends in high school had it, and we played it at least once a week!

My freshman year (1981/1982) was a magical year. I discovered BASIC on the school Apple II’s, got my first copy of Dungeons and Dragons, met older teens who brought me into their RPG group, and all sorts of weird and wonderful things. An open high school campus, with a diner which had arcade games, and a future not yet ruined by Republicans.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.