Hilo: The Boy Who Crashed to Earth, a fantastic middle-grade adventure comic

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2015/09/26/hilo-the-boy-who-crashed-to-e.html
Daniel Jackson Lim is the youngest kid in a huge family of overachievers, and he hardly surfaces in his family’s consciousness – which is a good thing, because he’s just found a kid in silver underwear who can’t remember anything before the moment he hurtled through a hole in space and hit the ground so hard he made a crater, but didn’t hurt himself.

Chapter 3: Boom!

(fixed…)

That’s a lot of booming, isn’t it?

Despite the boom boom thingie I decided to read the Amazon preview and I’m gonna feed this to some of my herd of grandkids. From what I saw on the look inside peek it makes far more sense than most anything else they’re likely to read.

The first thing I’m struck by is that the characterisation and setting looks incredibly similar to his earlier work, which was absolutely not aimed at the same age bracket. I wouldn’t be able to read the whole thing without wondering about all the jokes that had to be left out of this.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.