House Judiciary Committee subpoenas 12 witnesses, Jared Kushner and National Enquirer's David Pecker and Dylan Howard included

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/11/house-subpoenas-12-witnesses.html

1 Like

Is anything going to happen when the subpeonas are refused? Pelosi is just going to be “Stop, or I’ll say Stop again”

18 Likes

12 empty chairs.

2 Likes

I see I’m not the only one feeling fatigue with hoping our legal system actually works like it is supposed to.

6 Likes

We might expect Executive Privilege notes from Tramp. But such wouldn’t cover civilians like Pecker – and maybe Kushner, if he’s not a paid staffer. What happens when a subpoena is ignored? Will they face perp-walks? One would hope…

3 Likes

6 Likes

Send the Capitol Police to arrest them is they refuse to show. Use that little jail - hell - go rent space in the DC City jail if you need to.

If you don’t - pretty soon there will only be one branch of government in the US.

16 Likes

Follow the money, that’s how you bust a mobster.

7 Likes

trumproids have no problem at all with their glorious leader ignoring any and all laws. This attitude will drastically change when said supporters feel some little infraction of the law affects them. Their caviler attitude toward laws will come back to bite them on the ass but by the time that happens the rule of law will be dead.

2 Likes

Tramp twice tweeted, “Confiscate guns now; due process later,” IOW Fuck The Law. How will gunpowder addicts react when his stormtroopers come sweeping?

1 Like

This is the culture war, it’s literally their side, their team or death. I feel like this whole left/right red/blue thing has been building for years, and now that they see their guy continuing to evade everything, it just makes them feel even more secure in their allegiance.

Why they would rather see that then a just world for all is beyond me. I suppose it really just is about the perceived control of who’s in charge. And if it’s their side then Damn everything else I guess

3 Likes

Now all they have to do is find their fucking balls. Gonna be a tough slog, that.

1 Like

MesoAmerican cannibalism has an origin: plate tectonics. When PanGaea split into AfroEurAsian and American continents, most big mammals were on the bigger landmass. Megafauna other than llamas and deer were extincted by hungry Americans long ago. Lacking herd and game critters, protein was in short supply. The solution: long pig (people).

Back to the topic. Those subpoenaed are mostly long pig but are too gamy to be devoured. Would stretching on a rack tenderize them enough?

1 Like

Sound track of the G20 meeting. This why we can’t have real justice:

I hear they’re expanding facilities in Texas these days.

1 Like

Perhaps an there’s an empty island somewhere to set up some tents and pass out fishing poles?

1 Like

They don’t even spring for toothbrushes. Fishing poles are definitely not happening.

1 Like

So…just air drop in some bologna and toilet water once a week?

1 Like

And paper towels.

1 Like

Paper towels? What is this, the Ritz?

Find some clams shells gents.