How America could fall like Rome

We USA people have a slave mentality we disguise as a work ethic. Profits roll uphill.

4 Likes

But there is nothing like hearing BRIAN BLESSED!!! moan “Quintillis Varus, where are my eagles!!!” in I, Claudius

5 Likes

Inspired by CPG Grey’s video The Rules for Rulers. I have been reading The Dictator’s Handbook.

The big idea of The Dictator’s Handbook is:

The main difference between the scenarios of democratic and authoritarian politicians is that democratic politicians have to please a large number of power brokers and/or the public at large while authoritarian ones please relatively small circles.

The GOP’s is doing everything in their power to reduce the number of keys to power. Their actions are making it more likely for the US to become a dictatorship.

The response to GOP’s action must be to add more keys to power. We can do that by passing HR1, uncapping the House, and making DC a state.

Passing HR1 undoes GOP ratfuckery. I’m hopeful that passes in the next month.

Adding seats to the House of Representatives gives us more time to solve many of our problems. It reduces problems with the EC. There is more I would like done for example changing voting systems. Right now we are in triage, let’s stabilize our country.

Making DC a state would have let DC send in police needed to end the Jan 6th Insurrection. The Dictator’s Handbook, spends a long time with historical example of military and police standing by while a mob removes a unpopular dictator. This in addition to giving people of DC a say in their own governance.

These actions would go a long way to stabilizing America’s democracy.

6 Likes

As I’m sure you’re aware, the Byzantines never called them selves “Byzantine”(the
original name of the city that Constantine reconstructed as his centralized capitol and slapped his own moniker on).

After the collapse of the western “Roman” half of the empire, they continued
to refer to them selves as “Roman”, even as they addressed the world in greek.

3 Likes

Ok, if I understand this correctly, QAnon believe that the Byzantines decided that they wouldn’t invade the rich east and instead decided to push northwest and put the border of their empire in Carlisle, which at the time only had trees and sheep.

Yes, I’m being hyperbolic, but the amount of lead and silver in Cumbria hardly justified travelling thousands of miles when there are riches just beyond your close borders. Rome was close enough for that NW border to make sense, but not Byzantium.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.